
Bush's Bullets part two: Or, more liberal rants from Professor McSnarky.
- Check out my website!!!!!!!
- Here comes the hurt...
- He'll raise your taxes! Watch out! (Typical, typical slam against the Dems.)
- Is that all he had? Kerry is a Massachusetts senator, so beware?
- And now the big stuff I hate: get rid of abortion and the rights of homosexuals to marry
- "I will appoint hard-line conservative judges that will instill a Puritan, Bible-based orthodoxy of life into our lives for generations to come." Okay, he didn't say that, but that's what my liberal ears heard.
- September 11th. Lest we forgot.
- "I'll do whatever it takes." This is another big problem of mine. Sure, do whatever it takes to make us safe. But could you go after the guys that are actually trying to kill us? They weren't in Iraq!!! (Well, they are now, thanks to us.)
- They just dragged someone out of the arena. Did she sign a loyalty oath to get in? (Come on, how fascist is that?)
- "We gave Sadaam a chance to disarm." What was there to disarm? We had drained the bastard of virtually all chance of hurting us? (And don't start on the "But he was a bad guy!" argument. There's plenty of bad guys out there we haven't bothered to go after, but they're big and scary and we can't whup them as quick as we can Iraq.
- Free elections in Afghanistan and Iraq. Hey, I'm all for that. I just hope they last. I'm scared to death about the tipping point between democracy and the burqua that those two countries balance upon right now.
- 6 minutes left, George. Time for the big finish! (I bet it'll be about September 11th.)
- God, he's bringing up that damn $87 Billion flip-flop quote again. Chestnuts, chestnuts my preciousssss!
- Roll call of the Coalition. Britain, Japan, Poland, etc. Spain must now be in the "Coalition of the Scared Shitless."
- Israel. (AKA, "Bring it on, Jew-haters!)
- Those stupid journalists!!! Don't you just hate smart people?
- He's gone past 10:00. Well, he's the President. He can bend the rules of the Space-Prime Time continuum.
- Now he's doing stand-up. The swagger joke was good, though.
- An emotional bit about those who have lost loved ones. A nice bit. But, as I said, it all goes back to September 11th. That's their Trump Card.
Before some of you go ape-shit on me, the above comments are supposed to be sarcastic and biting. I just don't believe a lot of the positive spin Bush is putting on what I see as colossal failures of judgment. Afghanistan was right, Iraq was wrong. Tax relief is fine, but only if it goes to the people who need it most. Bringing democracy and freedom to those that do not have it is noble and just, but I don't believe that's why we're there.
No comments:
Post a Comment