Ba-dum ching!!
Sorry, that was bad. It's the end of the work day here and I'm a bit punchy.
But it's always good to hear from the fellow bloggers out there. Brems, sorry, I just don't think it'll work. You're a Yankee fan, after all. Sylkk, always good to hear from you. Mark, all your promotion of my site must be paying off--XtX is now flirting with you over here as well!
I was going to write about Santa Claus, but I think I'll save that for later. I've been milking the whole Christmas thing on here pretty good lately.
Lots of interesting things going on in the world. The picture you see is of Viktor Yushenko, the Ukrainian guy that didn't win but should have, according to, well, lots of cool people. He had some mystery illness that disfigured his face this summer. Some people think he was poisoned by the opposition party (AKA the pro-Russia guys that have been accused of stealing the election.)
This story gets better and better to me every day. Now I'm not Ukrainian, and I don't plan on being Ukrainian, but I do give a crap if they're democratic or not. I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of what's going on over there, but from what I see, I like. People peacefully filling the streets in snappy orange scarves, demanding that justice be served. Rejecting the arms of mother Russia. Sure, they may wind up capitalist pigs like us, but there are worse fates.
Here in the USA the Senate just passed a sweeping overhaul of the way the U.S. gathers our intelligence. This could be a great turn of events, or the beginning of the end. I'll let others debate that one for a while.
And the Cubs just signed Nomar to a one-year, $11 million deal. Glad you're staying, Nomah! You're wicked awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment