Thursday, January 06, 2005

So it's no secret I've developed this little crush on a girl I call Cute Republican. She's undatable for two reasons, though.

1) I work with her. Kind of. 2 days a week, so it's not too big of a deal, but I really don't want to date any more people from work.

2) She has a boyfriend. But from what I hear he's a mope and things aren't going too well in that department.

The Republican part doesn't bother me, even though I've never seen any actual evidence to confirm that. Most info I have on her has come from the Blond Tornado.

So I try not to think about her. There's a bigger reason I don't need to get a crush on her, and that's because my biggest problem with women is that I get attracted to Unattainable Women, most likely so that I can avoid ever having to get into an actual committed relationship. Yeah, I'm messed up like that.

But I've gotten together with the Actress a couple of times, and that's gone well. We were supposed to have our first Alone Date tonight, but the snow forced an emergency rehearsal tonight for her.

And this Saturday I have a date with the Urban Violinist, someone else new on the horizon. Blind date of sorts, so we'll see how it goes. We've talked on the phone a few times and so far so good.

So I was doing pretty good about not thinking too much about my lovely co-worker until today, when she was able to convince me to go to the office holiday party.

And then I walked into her room after school. Up until this point I figured her for someone with horrible taste in music. Celine Dion, bad country singers with name like Toby or Kenny. I don't know why, really. Maybe it was some unconscious form of making her less attractive to me.

Because, really, I don't need to be focusing on her. I have many other options before me.

And then I walked into her room. Her stereo was on.

"Is that....is that Zwan?"

"Yep. I love this album."

I am fucked, people. I am so fucked.

No comments: