Saturday, February 05, 2005

Ran into Li'l Ricky tonight, a guy I've known for 20 years or so. Used to live a block or two away from each other. Birthday parties and early MTV and Def Leppard videos. "It's gettin' bigger! It's gettin' bigger" he used to cry out when that one video with the sword would come on. Then we'd all watch the pseudo-porn on Cinemax and try and figure out what all that meant in our inexperienced 6th grade minds.

We toasted the long-lost Coconut, mourned our friend Mike's divorce, and caught up with each other. Last time we had seen each other was when we went to a Wilco show back a few years ago.

Band was playing at Don's, the place was packed, and I could have stayed there all night, drinking with friends and family, but I packed it in early. No sense getting all toasted and then trying to brave the back roads home.

Talked to another friend from way back today, on her way to Vegas. I wonder what she has in store...?

And K called me, too, to gush about Million Dollar Baby. On her way to dinner with her dad, to the same exact place I was about to dine at, but they changed their minds at the last minute when there was no parking to be found.

And now I await her call, to have another 3+ hour conversation with her, as we both try and figure out what to do about this wonderful and horrible situation we're in.

No comments: