Too quiet...
Dreary weather.
Wait. Did Clint Eastwood bring Flat Stanley to the Oscars?
I have to admit, I just can't get cynical about the Oscars. I just love movies too much for that. There was a time in the mid-90s that I didn't like the movies being honored (I'm not a Braveheart fan; Heat should have won that year), but for the most part the "best" movies get their due. To an extent.
I wouldn't have expected Before Sunset to get any recognition, but it received a Screenplay nomination, and that's saying something.
Brad Bird got an Oscar for The Incredibles. And Charlie Kaufmann got one for Eternal Sunshine.
and Cate Blanchett looked faaaaabulous.

Hilary Swank won for playing white trash yet again, but I should feel happy that a girl from a trailer park has made good. I just don't want to have to look at Chad Lowe's wistful, damp eyes for quite a while. She should be required to bring brother-in-law Rob to the next awards show. Chad's just too...milquetoasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment