Tuesday, October 26, 2004

My life seems to be moving in a rather strange direction right now. I'm currently pursuing two completely opposite possibilities for my future.

One involves actually buying a house and declaring my current form of existence "permanent." Plus it would mean I would start understanding what the word "commitment" means.

The other involves packing everything up, saying my goodbyes, and heading off into the great unknown. Mostly Ireland or some other cool European country, and live a life like Bicyclemark. He's an American from New Jersey who lives in Amsterdam. Very cool guy. Read his blog.



Who wouldn't want to be able to live a life of riding your bike everywhere, spending Euros, and enjoying fabulous European culture? (And fabulous European women as well.)

But that's easier said than done. I'd be curious to hear from those that have done the Big Move and made it in Europe.

If you read this and think one decision is "safe" and the other is "daring" you'd be wrong. Both are safe and daring in their own ways.

I suppose I'll see what the election brings next week before I really think about this any more. Another four years of a Bush America is not something I can stomach very easily. Not to mention the long-term consequences for America.

But I do have Outstanding Credit, and I hate living in this apartment right now, so we'll see what life brings me. It's a tough decision to make...

No comments: